We've made it home and are getting settled in! I'll give you a brief "birth story" and update on our lives for the past few days...
Thursday morning (September 6) we were scheduled for an induction at 6am, so we got up at the crack of dawn and were getting ready to leave for the hospital about 5am and they called to say they were too full and we couldn't get in for the induction. Thankfully, they were able to reschedule us for 11am. So, we didn't get started at the hospital until 11am and I was finally hooked up to the machines and started on a pitocin drip about 12pm. Things moved quickly from there. They broke my water at 12:45 and I started having some serious contractions. I moved from 5cm to 10cm in about 5 hours. Thank goodness for drugs! Once I got the epidural I felt great! Before I knew it I pushed a few times and at 6:13 BabyBug was here!
We came home last night and made it through. Not tons of sleep, but enough. She is feeding really well so that's wonderful. The dogs seem to be ok with her too. They only seem interested when she's crying and they're not sure what to make of her.
It surreal to be home with our precious new baby, and we can't get enough of her sweet little face!
Thursday morning (September 6) we were scheduled for an induction at 6am, so we got up at the crack of dawn and were getting ready to leave for the hospital about 5am and they called to say they were too full and we couldn't get in for the induction. Thankfully, they were able to reschedule us for 11am. So, we didn't get started at the hospital until 11am and I was finally hooked up to the machines and started on a pitocin drip about 12pm. Things moved quickly from there. They broke my water at 12:45 and I started having some serious contractions. I moved from 5cm to 10cm in about 5 hours. Thank goodness for drugs! Once I got the epidural I felt great! Before I knew it I pushed a few times and at 6:13 BabyBug was here!
We came home last night and made it through. Not tons of sleep, but enough. She is feeding really well so that's wonderful. The dogs seem to be ok with her too. They only seem interested when she's crying and they're not sure what to make of her.
It surreal to be home with our precious new baby, and we can't get enough of her sweet little face!




10 comments:
What a beautiful little blessing! I've been checking & checking to see when she arrived. Congratulations!!!! xoxo
CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you! Lily will be a wonderful addition to your family! We will be praying for continued health and happiness!
Congratulations!!! Lily is absolutely beautiful and precious!! I can't wait to meet her in person!!
xox
Om my goodness, you guys... she's perfect. I can't wait to see all of you!!! Congrats! Miss you soooo much!!! xoxo
Harbert family-Congrats. Justin-gotta love the back to the future shirt.
She is beautiful! I am glad you are both happy and healthy. Love you!
She is so cute! Congratulations! :)
She's beautiful! Congrats you guys!
Congratulations!!!!!
Congrats Justin and Heather!! She is absolutely beautiful! I ran into Stacy at the mall and she said Lily is even more adorable in person. I am glad to hear that everything went well wit the delivery! You progressed pretty quickly once they started the pitocin.
Post a Comment