In honor of my news years resolutions I'm trying to get greener and chemically cleaner. One of the things I'm doing, and planning on doing more of, is making my own homemade cleaning products.
Sounds crazy? My sister-in-law, Lindsay, said "Heather, that's weird. I live in California, and that's weird."
No. No. It's EASY and so cheap!
Granted, I can't make everything. And I don't want to. But once I realized how cheap and EASY some of these were, I was smacking myself upside the head over all the money we've wasted over the years!
So here are a few recipes for clean. Some of these I've tried and like, and some I'm planning to try when I run out of my store bought stuff. And if you have more, by all means, share them with me please!
Multi-purpose Cleaner
(been using this one for a few months, and no, your house won't smell like vinegar all the time)
1 part vinegar: 2 parts H2O
Pet Stain/ Carpet Cleaner
(super-big fan of this one)
Wash with suds of liquid dish detergent, and rinse with 1/2 cup vinegar diluted in 1 qt warm water. Cover with towels until dry.
Window/ Glass Cleaner
1c. rubbing alcohol, 1c. vinegar, 1c. H2O
Metal Cleaner
(Pots, Pans, Fixtures)
2 T. baking soda: 1 quart H2O
Soap Scum
make a paste with baking soda and H2O
Furniture Polish
(this is the next one I'm trying)
1 c. olive oil, 1/2 c. lemon juice
Recipes for Clean
blogged on
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Labels:
crazy momma,
feeling green,
house work,
recipes/ restaurants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love the post, I'm honestly going to print it out and try your recipes out. The pet cleaner is first on my list...
i just tried the furniture polish recipe on a dresser/dressing table that i have and it looks great!
Post a Comment