Resolutions

Only four days into the New Year and I already feel like I’m behind. I’ve been storing up New Year’s resolutions for a month now, and it feels like it’s taken me forever to get this post up. Really, the year is not lost to me already! It’s only been four days, it’s not too late for resolutions (I tell myself). I do this for some really selfish reasons. If I write it down, publicly, and proclaim it on the blog then I will have to keep them, right? So I’m sorry if you are over the whole New Year’s hoopla. I need to get these out! In no particular order…

Go green-er. (more fun posts to come)
Eat healthier. (among other things, shooting for 10% organic life)
Get yucky chemicals out of our lives… as much as possible.
Go to church, more.
Bathe the dogs. (it's not like they've never had baths, just not often enough)
Learn the Solja Boy Dance. (I just really feel like this is something I need to do, a calling really. i know, about three months late, give me a break. I had a BABY.)
Loose about 478 pounds.
Exercise a whole lot more.
Get. My. Architectural. License.
Organize my closets. All the closets.
While I’m at it, the drawers too.
Cook a soufflé. scary.
Read 24 books. Real books, not bubblegum-for-my-brain books.
Be a good wife and mother.
Stay in touch with old friends.
Make a new friend.

5 comments:

Stranger said...

Hi! I found your blog thru a mutual friend, Megan Broyles. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your blog and all of your pictures. Plus, the new year's resolutions were excellent. I am new to the whole blogging scene but I thought I would let you know that your blog is really nice and creative.

MH said...

thank you!

thegroves said...

Great post... lots of good resolutions. If you haven't yet, check out Melaleuca (http://www.mellaluca.com/ps/index.cfm?f=ps.mainPage). You can order the products through someone else so you don't have to buy so much. I haven't used anything yet... but heard rave reviews!

Unknown said...

ha, there's a dance that goes with Soulja boy???? You know more than me girlie ;)

Warner family said...

Funny Stacy wrote about Melaleuca. I was getting ready to comment the same thing. Our whole house is as chemical free as it can be and we order everything through Melaleuca (bath stuff, laundry, toothpaste, all cleaners, hair products, and lotion.) Let me know if you want more information.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker