It's that time of year again. Break out the chili recipes - I'd be happy to eat soup or stew every day of the week, this time of year.
I don't think anything goes better with chili than this Yummy Cornbread. It's a slightly sweet (I guess that's a Yankee thing), but not too sweet cornbread. And it's almost as easy as a box of Jiffy.
Be sure to make it with my Texas Chili and you'll be a happy camper.
Yummy Cornbread
1 1/2 c. cornmeal
2 1/2 c. milk
2 c. flour
1 T baking powder
1 t. salt
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk. Let stand for five minutes.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Mix in eggs, oil, and cornmeal mixture.
Beat for five minutes. (This is actually important, it puts air in the batter and makes a lighter cornbread.)
Pour into greased pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
(If you cut the recipe in 1/2, bake in 8x8 pan for 20-25 minutes. Or until toothpick in center comes out clean.)
Tasty Tuesday - Yummy Cornbread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'll have to try this one. I made corn muffins Friday with the recipe on the cornmeal container, and they were SO thick and dry. We didn't eat them. But I LOVE corn bread!!
Post a Comment