Today BabyBug turned 11 months old. But I didn't officially feel like a Mom until last Thursday. It was a glorious occasion.
On our way to the library in the fun new car seat, which by the way we had been using for exactly ONE WEEK, I herd a little burp out of her... nothing to make me think anything, and she didn't fuss or cry.
I go to get her out of the car seat and she's calmly sitting there with her pacifier still in her mouth and vomit -VOMIT- completely covering everything I can see from the bottom of her nose down to her feet.
Orange, chunky, smelly BARF. Not cute little baby spit-up. This was the real deal.
And it was everywhere. In every little nook and cranny of that brand.spankin.new.car.seat. On the seat in front of her. In her hair. On her feet.
I had to laugh really, because she just stared at me like no big deal, pacifier still in mouth, covered in vomit.
So I got back in the car and drove home.

2 comments:
My husband and I can totally relate. Our daughter used to get car sick all the time. Cleaning vomit out of all the nooks and crannies of a car seat is totally gross. We have even gone so low as to suck it up with a vacuum at a gas station. Yuck. Luckily, she has not had any issues lately and in fact has become quite the carnival ride expert. Good luck!
Nope, you're not QUITE there yet...She has to toddle over and throw up down your shirt first!
Love Mom
Post a Comment