Still here… Friday night we had a date night, and Saturday Justin went to a bachelor party. The rest of the weekend Justin puttered around the house and I went on a cooking spree, trying to make easy meals for when Lily first gets here. I made some staples to freeze; chili, spaghetti sauce, and then I tried this new recipe that we loved. I found it on www.indymoms.com and lightened it up a bit by using the 98% fat free versions of all the creamy soups. It also says you can make it in the crock-pot, but I made it on the stove because my crock-pot wasn’t big enough to hold this recipe… it was still really easy, and it makes a ton!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
2 (10.5oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 (10.5oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 (10.5oz) cans condensed cream of celery soup
2 (10.5oz) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
2 (14.5oz) cans chicken broth
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
1 c. mild or medium salsa
1 medium onion, chopped
1T cilantro
2t. cayenne pepper, or to taste
Cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces and add it to the crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients. Stir thoroughly. Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Serve with shredded cheese and deep-fried tortilla strips (or broken tortilla chips).
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Heather, I have been watching the blog for any baby announcements. Anytime you go more than one day I think for sure your in ths hospital...wont be long after all I think I guessed you to be having little Lily eithier today or tomorrow. I also wanted to remind you today is the day to begin opening your final gifts for Lily from our package if you havent already. Have fun and best of luck. She will be here before you know it and we cant wait to meet her!
yummy! i can't wait to make this!
Post a Comment